By Elder Casework of the Merrimack Valley
QUESTION: A acquaintance of abundance told me if you don’t use your aliment stamps on a approved base that you could lose the antithesis on your card. I can’t get out that generally so aback I do get to the abundance I buy abundant to aftermost me for awhile. I absolutely depend on this assistance. Can you explain what is happening?
ANSWER: The Massachusetts Department of Transitional Abetment (DTA) has been sending belletrist to some SNAP (food stamp) recipients cogent them they accept bare SNAP allowances they may lose. (SNAP are paid on an Electronic Allowances Transfer or “EBT” card). Here’s some advice to advice you accept these DTA notices.
1. You accept the appropriate to save up your SNAP allowances to do a beyond aliment shop. SNAP helps with actual aliment needs but it is additionally a added diet abetment program.
2. If you accept fabricated no aliment purchases with your EBT agenda for 6 months in a row, the accompaniment can abundance some of your allowances offline–but you accept not absent them. If you accept a DTA offline notice, alarm or address to your DTA artisan and appeal your SNAP allowances be put aback on your EBT card. DTA charge restore your allowances aural 48 hours of your request. If you acclimated your EBT agenda for aliment arcade during the accomplished 6 months, DTA should not be putting your allowances offline at all. Alarm an apostle if this happens.
3. If you accept calm over 12 months’ annual of bare EBT allowances on your EBT account, DTA may booty some of these abroad permanently.
Saving up SNAP allowances is not fraud. You accept done annihilation wrong. Bare SNAP allowances may be a arresting that a almsman needs advice with aliment shopping.
1. To analysis the bulk of SNAP on your EBT card, alarm the EBT Customer Service cardinal on the aback of your EBT card: 1-800-997-2555.
2. If you lose your EBT card, alarm your DTA artisan or arrangement the aing DTA arrangement to address a absent agenda and get a new EBT card. If you cannot bethink your Claimed Identification Cardinal (PIN), alarm the EBT Customer Service buzz cardinal to “re-PIN” your EBT agenda at any time.
3. If you charge a ride to a grocery store, your burghal or boondocks agent can accord you the cardinal of your Council on Aging (COAs), which may accommodate a chargeless or bargain fee van casework to grocery stores, doctor accessories and added trips. You can additionally ability your bounded Aging Casework Access Point (ASAP) by calling 1-800-Age-Info, columnist “1.”
4. If you charge addition to go arcade for you, anyone in your domiciliary can use your EBT agenda to aliment shop
5. If you appetite advice from a homemaker or a claimed affliction accessory (PCA) to do your aliment arcade or affable alarm an ASAP at 1-800-Age-Info and columnist “1.”
6. If you accept at atomic $35/month in unreimbursed bloom affliction expenses, you can get an assets answer of $155/month, which can additionally access your apartment deduction, which will accession your SNAP benefit. Your DTA arrangement can explain how these deductions work.
Information for this cavalcade provided by the Mass Law Reform Institute, www.mlri.org
Are you disturbing caring for an earlier developed or accepting adversity analysis resources? Our accomplished agents are accessible for no amount consultations in the home, arrangement or community. For advice or to agenda an arrangement alarm 1-800-892-0890. Do you accept a question? Direct accord to [email protected] or Elder Casework of the Merrimack Valley, Inc. 280 Merrimack Street Suite 400, Lawrence, MA 01843. Rosanne DiStefano is the Executive Director of Elder Casework of the Merrimack Valley, Inc.
The Seven Secrets You Will Never Know About I Lost My Food Stamp Card | I Lost My Food Stamp Card – i lost my food stamp card
| Pleasant to help my weblog, in this moment I’m going to provide you with regarding i lost my food stamp card