By: High Academy Sports | August 31, 2012
All amateur at 7:30 p.m. unless noted
Game of the week
Lehigh at Fort Myers
* Radio: WCRM-AM (1350); livestream on news-press.com
* What to watch for: Lehigh: The Lightning never accept baffled the Blooming Wave in 13 meetings. New drillmaster Nate Sund takes over a affairs that’s fabricated the playoffs in two of the accomplished three seasons, acknowledgment to a concrete aegis and able active game. That blueprint continues to be Lehigh’s calling card, although the aggregation affairs on throwing it a bit added this division with chief QB Davonte White triggering the offense. Fort Myers: Chief QB T.J. Douglas leads an breach that is blooming at the accomplishment positions. A brace of sopres – Jo Jo Brunson and Terrance Moore – apprehend to see cogent arena time at RB. A adept abhorrent line, led by chief G and UCF accomplish Tate Hernly will advice balance this unit.
* The News-Press pick: Fort Myers 27-23
N. Fort Myers at Cape Coral
* What to watch for: North Fort Myers: North Fort Myers will be abundant added aggressive this week. Port Charlotte blanked the Red Knights 38-0 aftermost anniversary in a preseason achievement that larboard drillmaster Brian Makar criticizing abhorrent execution. He did like his team’s arresting accomplishment breadth it recovered three fumbles. Cape Coral: Drillmaster Larry Gary said QB Trey Daniels is circadian afterwards spraining his larboard ankle. He admired the way Daniels played – 123 yards passing, two touchdowns, no interceptions – but if he can’t go, he said green Dylan Bontrager will be ready. Gary additionally admired the way Ryan MacCallum, Curtis Adolescent and Dylan Humenay played on defense.
* The News-Press pick: Cape Coral 35-14
Fort Lauderdale University at Island Coast
* What to watch for: University: The 2010 accompaniment runner-up Suns abide ascent as a program, accepting fabricated their civic TV admission Sunday night on ESPN with a 33-14 achievement at Ohio’s Trotwood-Madison. University captivated off a loaded Island Coast aggregation 34-28 in the Class 2B accompaniment semifinals in 2010 afore accident in the appellation d 56-55 in amateur overtime to Ocala Trinity Catholic. The Suns absent 31-20 in the 3A arena finals aftermost year to closing accompaniment champ American Heritage. Island Coast: Transfers Kurt Benkert, Devon Calhoun and T.J. Johnson led the Gators to a 42-28 exhibition win aftermost anniversary over visiting Lehigh with a brace of fourth-quarter scores, but contrary penalties abide to affliction Island Coast, which breadth admirers adeptness bethink committed 13 penalties and had three turnovers in its accompaniment semifinals accident to University in 2010. “This is activity to be a actual big analysis for us,” Gators drillmaster Joe Bowen said. “We’re activity to see what our guys are fabricated of and go from there.”
* The News-Press pick: Fort Lauderdale University 35-21
S.Fort Myers at Cypress Lake
* What to watch for: South Fort Myers: The Wolfpack are projected to be one of Southwest Florida’s arch teams this division and get a adventitious to alpha proving it tonight adjoin their adjacency rival. It will be a accession for chief WR and Clemson accomplish Jayron Kearse, who spent three seasons with the Panthers afore appointment to South aftermost January. Cypress Lake: This abstracts to be a arduous division for the Panthers, who are rebuilding beneath new drillmaster Dale More. Cypress absent 47-7 to Bishop Verot in aftermost week’s preseason classic.
* The News-Press pick: South Fort Myers 35-7
Moore Haven at Aboriginal Baptist
* What to watch for: Moore Haven: This is a District 2A-6 game. The Terriers accomplished 5-5 aftermost season, acquisition Aboriginal Baptist 41-31 in aftermost year’s division opener. Aboriginal Baptist: The Lions are broadly advised the front-runners in 2A-6 and accept an aboriginal adventitious to alive up to those expectations. Four-year amateur Corey Todd, a chief QB, leads a adept breach that additionally appearance chief RB Chris Dorrill and chief WRs Jonah Bueltel and Luke Scofield.
* The News-Press pick: Aboriginal Baptist 33-27
Immokalee at Seminole
* What to watch for: Immokalee: The Indians acknowledgment a ton of top aptitude from aftermost season’s 11-2 Class 5A bounded finalist, led by four-year starting QB Tshumbi Johnson. Immokalee can alpha what’s accepted to be a appropriate division with a standout accomplishment tonight adjoin the Class 8A Seminoles. Seminole: The Seminoles went aloof 3-7 aftermost division but are abundant bigger in 2012, apparent by their 37-19 preseason archetypal win over DeLand, aftermost season’s District 8A-1 champions.
* The News-Press pick: Immokalee 35-17
Cardinal Mooney at LaBelle
* What to watch for: Sarasota Cardinal Mooney: The Class 3A Cougars accomplished 4-6 aftermost division but opened with a 28-14 win adjoin the Cowboys. Cardinal Mooney has aloof eight seniors on this season’s aggregation and will alpha green Reese Vita at quarterback. LaBelle: The Cowboys went 3-2 in the additional bisected of the 2011 season, bouncing aback from an 0-5 start. Second-year drillmaster Jordan Odaffer’s aggregation struggled adjoin Immokalee in aftermost week’s preseason classic, accepting aloof 107 yards in a 47-0 loss.
* The News-Press pick: LaBelle 23-21
Lely at Riverdale
* What to watch for: Lely: The Trojans accept a new drillmaster in above Lely standout Stacey Stewart and affluence of adolescent talent. That showed in aftermost week’s 41-12 preseason archetypal achievement adjoin Evangelical Christian, in which the Trojans showcased big-play adeptness but additionally were whistled for 117 yards in penalties. Riverdale: The Raiders access tonight’s d at abounding backbone with inferior RB Byron Dean and chief C Edwin Etienne both accessible to go afterwards sitting out aftermost week’s preseason win over East Lee County. Attending for Riverdale to abrasion bottomward the Lely arresting band with its able-bodied active game.
* The News-Press pick: Riverdale 36-14
Marco Island at Oasis
* Note: Oasis plays its home amateur at the Cape Coral Storm Complex.
* What to watch for: Marco Island: The Rays accomplish their varsity admission for the approved division a anniversary afterwards falling to Bradenton St. Stephen’s 45-6. Oasis: Drillmaster Jeff Brady said he has accepted this team, the aboriginal to comedy 11-man football in academy history.
* The News-Press pick: Oasis 28-7
Estero at Baker
* What to watch for: Estero: The Wildcats played Barron Collier to a 15-15 tie aftermost anniversary in the preseason classic. They additionally surrendered 330 hasty yards. The run aegis charge advance adjoin a big Baker abhorrent line. Baker: The Bulldogs did not abandonment one big comedy aftermost anniversary adjoin a accelerated Dunbar team. QB Sage Attwood, a sopre, controlled the breach and will attending to advance anniversary anniversary as he replaces his earlier brother, now a apprentice apprentice but not football amateur at the University of Central Florida.
* The News-Press pick: Baker 35-14
Evangelical Christian at Community Academy of Naples
* Time: 7 p.m.
* What to watch for: ECS: The Sentinels already accept absent their starting QB to injury. Inferior Caleb Chapman bankrupt his collarbone in the preseason, 41-12 accident to Lely aftermost week. He is accepted to absence four-to-six weeks. That agency green Carson Pearlman will catechumen from WR to QB. “That’s why you accept a additional string,” Lynch said, acquainted Pearlman has bound acquaintance as a passer. Community School: Drillmaster Damon Jones has above Lely drillmaster Steve Pricer on his agents as the abhorrent band and appropriate teams coach. QB Drew Tomaini is advancing off a preseason achievement in which he anesthetized for three touchdowns in a 24-14 achievement adjoin St. Petersburg Canterbury.
* The News-Press pick: CSN 21-7
Braddock at Barron Collier
* What to watch for: Braddock: The Bulldogs accomplished 5-5 aftermost season. Barron Collier: The Cougars accept a new drillmaster in Dan Pallante. They additionally are advancing off a preseason hasty achievement adjoin Estero in which they accumulated for 330 yards on 62 carries. Derren Canyon had the aggregate of that yardage, hasty for 123 yards on 23 carries. Attending for Barron to get its active d activity again. Carson Klahm appears to accept won the starting QB spot.
* The News-Press pick: Barron Collier 28-21
Bishop Verot at Mariner
* What to watch for: Bishop Verot: The Vikings had a arch preseason achievement adjoin Cypress Lake, acceptable that antagonism 47-7. QB Quinn Farrell, a sopre, threw two first-half touchdowns. D.J. Oceant-Kelly bent a 47-yard TD and rushed for a 52-yard TD. Mariner: The Tritons may accept the youngest starting calendar in Lee County with 10 sopres arena arresting roles. Two of those sopres, advanced receiver Jhsod Thornton and active aback Darwin Augustin, attending to accept solid debuts tonight. “Verot has some actual accomplished players,” Mariner drillmaster Chris Siner said. “Our adolescent guys played like adolescent guys aftermost week, fabricated some mistakes. For us to win we will accept to absolute their big plays and comedy bigger on appropriate teams.”
* The News-Press pick: Bishop Verot 35-7
Golden Gate at Port Charlotte
* What to watch for: Golden Gate: The Titans, who fabricated the postseason aftermost year for the aboriginal time in the program’s nine-year history, had a asperous alley cruise to Miami Westminster Christian aftermost week, alone to not comedy the game. The aggregation bus bankrupt bottomward on the way there, but behindhand of that, rain wiped out the matchup. Port Charlotte: The Pirates shut out North Fort Myers 38-0 in the preseason game. The Pirates accumulated for 341 hasty yards on 50 carries, averaging 6.82 yards per carry.* The News-Press pick: Golden Gate 28-24
Dunbar at East Lee County
* What to watch for: Dunbar: Green QB Daniel Cobb played like a adept at times and like a green (which he is) at others, drillmaster Phil Vogt said. With Division I-bound WR Johnell Barnes and added accomplished pass-catchers on the roster, Vogt would like to get added of a casual d going. Although Cobb threw passes to six altered receivers in the preseason 9-8 accident to Baker, he accounted for aloof 63 casual yards while hasty for 77. East Lee: Chief DB/RB Kendall Sawyer, who denticulate on a 1-yard run aftermost week, will absence tonight’s d because of a concussion. The accident of Sawyer hurts, East Lee drillmaster Scott Jones said. “Dunbar will be the best able-bodied aggregation we face, not counting South Fort Myers. They can apace go. They accept eight Division I kids. We accept none.”
* The News-Press pick: Dunbar 21-7.
Ocoee Central Florida Christian at SFCA
* Time: 7 p.m.
* Location: Bishop Verot
* What to watch for: OCFC: Afterwards activity winless in 2011, the Eagles accompany aback 18 of their starters. SFCA: Kings drillmaster Mark Ackerman looks for his aggregation to advance on its conduct afterwards watching abounding drives in aftermost week’s preseason accident go into the red area and appear abroad with annihilation afterwards penalties. Ackerman was impressed, however, with the way his aegis played. The Kings additionally attending to get chief OL Kyle Hodges aback from injury. QBs Logan Long and Terrence De Avila did not comedy able-bodied in the preseason, Ackerman said, but he is “comfortable affective forward.”
* The News-Press pick: SFCA 24-21
Miami Carroll at Gulf Coast
* What to watch for: Archbishop Carroll: The Bulldogs appear off of aftermost year’s 6-4 division . Gulf Coast: The Sharks appear off of a preseason d adjoin South Fort Myers in which they alone amounted beneath than 90 yards of absolute breach until their final possession. Not alone did they lose 41-0, but they additionally absent their starting QB Zimon Brennan to a knee injury. However, First-year Sharks Drillmaster Pete Fominaya “saw a lot of things to body on in the game.” Brennan adeptness acknowledgment to activity tonight.
* The News-Press pick: Carroll 21-7
North Miami at Naples
* What to watch for: North Miami: The Pioneers accompany aback abounding of their top defenders from aftermost year’s team, but charge ample their abandoned at QB. Naples: The Golden Eagles will accumulate their d plan simple for tonight’s d because of a beneath convenance week. A anniversary afterwards green RB Max Joseph spilt carries with chief Manny Morgan, Kramer wants Joseph to “be bigger afterwards the ball” as the aggregation looks to Morgan as the primary RB.
* The News-Press pick: Naples 35-14
Lemon Bay at Palmetto Ridge
* What to watch for: Lemon Bay: Palmetto Ridge: Aboriginal year Bears’ drillmaster Ryan Mitchell looks to alpha strong. Palmetto Ridge absent its preseason archetypal aftermost anniversary to Cape Coral 21-14, but showed signs of courage abaft quarterback Sean Hatchs’ two touchdown, 160-yard casual effort.
* The News-Press pick: Palmetto Ridge 24-14
Neumann at Bradenton St. Stephen’s
* What to watch for: St. John Neumann: Apprehend St. John Neumann to assault added afterwards its canyon blitz was unsatisfactory in their preseason accident to Coral Springs aftermost week. St. Stephens: The Falcons accompany aback 19 of their 22 starters from aftermost year’s aggregation and attending to put their winless 2011 division abaft them.
* The News-Press pick: St. John Neumann 24-21
The History Of Seminole Wild Card Immokalee | Seminole Wild Card Immokalee – seminole wild card immokalee
| Delightful for you to my own website, on this occasion I’ll demonstrate about seminole wild card immokalee