WILKES-BARRE — Acting Secretary of Accompaniment Robert Torres this anniversary encouraged Pennsylvania voters to brainwash themselves about their rights afore they go to the acclamation Nov. 6.
“Voters adore assertive protections beneath accompaniment and federal law as they backpack out their built-in appropriate to vote,” Torres said. “They should be acquainted of those rights.”
Here are some important tips apropos aborigine rights in Pennsylvania:
• Only first-time voters, or those voting for the aboriginal time in a new precinct, charge appearance ID. Acceptable ID includes both photo and non-photo ID. Registered first-time voters who do not accompany ID to the acclamation can acknowledgment with identification or charge be offered a conditional ballot.
• If a voter’s name is not in the poll book, poll workers should alarm the County Board of Elections to see if the voter’s name was larboard out of the book inadvertently. Registered voters who are in the amiss polling abode should go to the actual polling abode to vote. A aborigine who believes he or she is registered in the belt and should be listed in the poll book may casting a conditional ballot.
• Voters who accept confused to Pennsylvania, but did not amend their abode in time afore the election, may vote one added time in their antecedent precinct, as continued as they amend their abode at the polling place.
• If 50 percent or added of the voting machines at a polling abode are not working, voters accept the appropriate to use an emergency cardboard ballot. Poll workers should anon activity the ballots, but if they do not, voters should appeal one instead of abrogation afterwards voting.
• If a aborigine is challenged on the base of character or residency, the aborigine may vote commonly by signing a claiming affirmation and bearing a attestant who is additionally a registered aborigine in the belt to vouch for them. If the aborigine cannot or does not appetite to aftermath a witness, the aborigine may casting a conditional ballot.
• Voters accept the appropriate to abetment at the polling place, including adopted accent or articulacy assistance. A aborigine may baddest any actuality to abetment as continued as the actuality is not their employer, abutment adumbrative or the Judge of Elections.
• Voters accept the appropriate to debris assistance.
• Voters accept the appropriate to vote afterwards actuality subjected to intimidation, aggravation or abominable conduct. A aborigine who adventures browbeating should address it to the County Board of Elections and the District Attorney’s office. Voters can additionally alarm the Department of Accompaniment at 1-877-VOTESPA (1-877-868-3772) or the U.S. Department of Justice’s Voting Section at 1-800-253-3931.
Free Medicare counseling
available at accessible enrollment
The Pennsylvania Department of Crumbling is reminding Medicare beneficiaries that the anniversary Medicare accessible acceptance aeon began on Monday, Oct. 15, and ends Friday, Dec. 7. Any new advantage called takes aftereffect Jan. 1, 2019.
During accessible enrollment, new Medicare beneficiaries can assurance up for Medicare Decree Biologic advantage and bloom affairs to accompaniment Medicare for the aboriginal time, and accepted Medicare beneficiaries can analysis and accomplish changes to their accepted advantage so that it bigger meets their needs. To advice Medicare beneficiaries array through their options, Pennsylvania offers chargeless counseling through the APPRISE Program.
With added than 700 accomplished APPRISE attorneys in the commonwealth, the affairs provides objective, easy-to-understand advice about Medicare Supplement Insurance, Medicare Advantage Plans, and decree biologic plans. APPRISE additionally holds Medicare accessible acceptance contest through the Breadth Agencies on Crumbling beyond the state. In 2017, over 240,000 of the Pennsylvania’s 2.5 actor Medicare beneficiaries were brash by APPRISE counselors.
Pennsylvania’s Medicare beneficiaries additionally are reminded they accustomed their new Medicare cards alpha in April. The new cards accept a different cardinal that replaced the beneficiary’s Social Security number. The accessible acceptance aeon is a acceptable time for Medicare beneficiaries to ensure they accustomed their new card, and to atom the old card. If they did not accept their new card, they should alarm 1-800-MEDICARE.
To apprentice added about APPRISE or to acquisition an accessible acceptance accident in your area, alarm 1-800-783-7067 or appointment aging.pa.gov/insurance. Medicare beneficiaries can additionally complete their own plan comparisons by application the Medicare plan finder apparatus at medicare.gov/find-a-plan or calling 1-800-MEDICARE.
Wolf signs legislation to protect
dogs and bodies larboard in hot cars
Gov. Tom Wolf this anniversary active legislation allotment law administration to booty activity to anticipate the causeless adversity of dogs and bodies larboard abandoned in cars.
House Bill 1216, the Motor Agent Extreme Heat Aegis Act, is the additional above allotment of legislation active by the governor that increases protections for animals.
This law adds agent access to an already absolute law that allows admiral to access a acreage to accommodate affliction or impound an beastly believed to be a victim of carelessness or active beneath minimum affliction standards.
This new law raises acquaintance of the dangers of abrogation pets in anchored cars and empowers law administration to accomplish decisions on account of an animal’s abundance by:
• Allowing a badge officer, accommodating officer, beastly ascendancy administrator or added accessible assurance professionals to aish a dog or cat from an abandoned motor agent if they accept the dog or cat is in approaching crisis or abuse afterwards a reasonable chase for the abettor of the vehicle
• Protecting a badge officer, accommodating officer, or accessible assurance able who removes a dog or cat from an abandoned agent from accountability for any damages.
• Requiring that an administrator who removes a dog or cat from an abandoned agent leave a apparent agenda for the buyer with advice on area to aces up the pet.
House Bill 1216 additionally expands the types of account dogs affirmed aegis in apartment and accessible places.
Reach Bill O’Boyle at 570-991-6118 or on Twitter @TLBillOBoyle.
Now Is The Time For You To Know The Truth About Service Dog Id Card Free | Service Dog Id Card Free – service dog id card free
| Delightful to be able to the blog site, in this period I will demonstrate concerning service dog id card free